Saturday, December 27, 2014

Our Intrepid Heroine

Our Intrepid Heroine by Ness Kingsley


Summary: The Heroine is off on a quest to kill a Dragon. The Dragon who killed a flock of her father's sheep, three goats, and one pig. And a frog, but the frog isn't important. Along the way she meets a Princess, a Knight, and a Hooded Person of Unknown Gender who sometimes help her on her quest but most of the time just get in the way.

This is a shorter story. It is just 80 pages long  but feels longer, in a good way.

First off, the plot has depth. It is a well woven and thought out story, with more detail then I've found in most short stories. Also I could see everything. The details weren't heavy, but there was enough that everything felt real. The writing style is amazing and I hope Ness continues to write. 

The characters were also alive and believable. Their personalities made me laugh and fall in love with them. Each and every one sprang off the page, grabbed my hand, and pulled me into the story. By the end I didn't want them to let go and plan on returning for visits. 

This is one of those books I recommend to everyone and will spend the rest of my life trying to get all my friends to read. I believe everyone should get a copy and enjoy this fun, delightful story. 

You can find Ness' blog HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment