Wednesday, November 28, 2018

“Making tea is a ritual that stops the world from falling in on you.”

The Creeping Shadow by Jonathan Stroud


Lucy's is back, and you can guess that where Lucy is Lockwood, George, Holly, and the Skull aren't far behind. At least if Lockwood has anything to say about it. And trust me, he's finally getting to the point where he's saying something about it.

"What did we find in the department store?" "Well, I found Lucy."

This book was probably my favorite out of the series so far. There were several reasons why. Like how Lockwood snuck Lucy back into the agency and those two dopes finally started opening up to each other. Also, let's not forget how reckless and crazier Lockwood is without Lucy around to keep him in check.

But there are other reasons this book is my favorite too. The Skull's sass and the fact he clearly only has one friend, Lucy, and doesn't like to share her. At. All.

The journey into the spirit world. That scene was amazing and creepy and I loved it.

The fact we get a reminder that George can't hit a target worth beans.

Holly and Lucy finally bonding.

The fight between Rotwell and Lockwood. 

And lastly, Kipps. Yes, I said that right. Quill Kipps himself is back and is on the agencies side and is hilarious and precious and I feel as if Stroud tricked me into liking him. But there you have it. 

Oh, and I made a discovery this book. I am a 100 percent confident Stroud named Lockwood after himself like some proud parent and no one can convince me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment