Sunday, March 3, 2019

Jack Frost

Jack Frost, the End becomes the Beginning by William Joyce.


I love this series. I've been reading it since the movie came out and waiting eagerly for each new book. I was sad this is the last book but excited as well because Jack was my favorite character in the movie and I couldn't wait for his book. (He is tied with North for favorite in the books.)

In this book we get a look into Jack's life during his time after he first becomes Jack Frost.  We meet his adopted family whom he has to leave to keep safe and get the chance to wander the world with him. 

Jack, once Nightlight, is a mystical boy who cannot grow up. He goes from the age of 13 to 19 and back again. And he is one of the most beloved Guardians.

His back story in this is different than his back story in the movie but I didn't like it any less because of that. I love both stories, movie and books and cannot pick out of them which I like better.

Like the movie, this book made me feel all the feels. Jack is a sad person and I needed that ending so badly by the time I reached it.

I love this series and recommend it often. I read it almost every Christmas and enjoy it more each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment