Monday, February 9, 2015

Bleeding Heart

Bleeding Heart by Elizabeth Rawls and Rachel Rawls


Summary: A collection of poems and short stories by a mother and daughter

I was sent this book to read and write an honest review on. I had been looking at it before hand though, debating if I wished to read it or not. I love poetry but I kind of have to be in the mood for it. I was glad I took up the read and review offer.  I ended up reading it nearly in one sitting over the weekend, and it was just the kind of relaxing book I needed.

This is a shorter book. I have it in ebook form and my Nook says it is eighty pages, but I don't know how many in paperback. In spite of being small though, it is a book with a lot of impact. Most of the poems had hidden meanings I didn't pick up on right off, and when I did I found I liked them even more.

My favourite out of the collection was the wax boy poem, which was also something of a short story. It is a sad, but beautiful story and I fast fell in love with it. It also had a deep meaning behind it, which only added to the story.

This collection is perfect for all ages. Anyone who likes poetry, or needs a nice relaxing book for an evening reading would find much to enjoy in this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment