Thursday, March 26, 2015

How a Star Falls

How a Star Falls by Amber Stokes


Summary: Derrick wants more out of life, but he doesn't expect it to come in the form of a fallen star. When he meets Brielle, a girl who claims to be a fallen star from Orion's Belt, he starts to see his life in a whole new light.

This is a short story romance, and what first catch my attention was the cover. That and I loved the idea of a fallen star, Stardust anyone? I'm glad I picked it up.

The romance was cute, and not the kind which reached out and slapped the reader in the face. It took second place to the plot, the main plot being a willingness to accept where you are in life, and not to become discouraged because things haven't gone your way.

Derrick and Brielle were fun together. Especially Brielle, I loved her. She had such a bright personality it reached off the page.

I also LOVED all of the Owl City references. Those were great, and then there was a Stardust reference which just added to the fun. 

The whole story is fun, and really cute. A lighthearted romance with a powerful meaning behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment