Thursday, December 20, 2018

Record of the Lodoss War

Record of the Lodoss War: The Gray Witch by Ryo Mizuno


Parn, a reckless but passionate swordsman embarks on a quest to discover the source of a great evil overwhelming the country of Lodoss Joining him are Deedlit, a young elf wielding great magic; Ghim, the tough-asstones dwarf; Etoh, a fledging priest; Slayn, the group's sorcerer; and Woodchuck, their indispensable thief. Together, this iconic group will join forces to discover the truth behind a world torn apart by ancient deities and wield the power needed to defeat the Grey Witch!

I saw this at Bucky and Donna's one day but ended up buying it off Amazon because it was way cheaper. I also watched the anime too, which has dorky animation but a cool storyline.

This book was okay. I will probably read it again but it isn't my favorite of the anime adaptions. It doesn't add anything to the story and the characters are flatter than in the anime. But what can I say, I have a thing for fantasy and dragons and all the nine yards even with a dorky plot.

Parn is not the ideal kind of hero. He is very loyal and brave, but there just felt more to him in the anime. In this he just came off as rather silly at times. But in spite of all that it was a fun book to read and I am not sorry I own it. I think The Twelve Kingdoms has just set my expectations high.

No comments:

Post a Comment