Monday, August 24, 2015

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll


I think one has to keep in mind, while reading these, that the Author was on drugs. (From what I've heard, and it would explain some things.) But that aside, these books are a lot of fun.

Of course, I am always for reading about new and impossible worlds. They contain some of my favourite stories. (Narnia, Neverland, Oz.) I like the idea of being able to slip away from this world for a little while and go on adventures somewhere else. And Wonderland is certainly that.

Filled with all kinds of randomness, from the Mad Hatter to the chess board, it is perfect to escape to for an afternoon adventure. (Just be careful not to get lost as that can easily happen.)

I really don't know what more I can say about these books. I'm sure everyone knows the story and likely knows how wild and confusing Wonderland is. But it is well worth visiting, even with an evil queen who likes to shout OFF WITH HER HEAD.

Basically I really enjoyed them and I plan to share them with little kids I know. (Maybe not little, little kids but older little kids.) Though personally, I don't think these are as odd as the Oz books.


No comments:

Post a Comment