Monday, November 2, 2015

The Curse of the Cackling Meadows

The Curse of the Cackling Meadows by Ness Kinsley


The sequel to Our Intrepid Heroine finds our beloved Heroine journeying back home from her Dragon slaying adventure. There's only one problem - well several. Mostly carrots, a songster, a very, VERY bad smell, and wheelbarrows. But our Heroine can break the curse. Right?

I can't say enough good about these books. I just adore them. They are so whimsical and delightful. And just like when I finished book one I reached the end of this one hoping there would be another. 

As with most sequels I won't say much to avoid giving away spoilers from the first book. But this, like the first, is a must read. Filled with fairy tale references but told in an unexpected and completely fun new way. This book is hilarious and touching and is written in such a charming way that every word is simply fun to read. I love Ness' writing so much. I can't get enough of it and hope to see more books from her soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment