Saturday, November 14, 2015

The King's Scrolls

The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight


Book two in the Ilyon Chronicles. I loved book one, Resistance, which was a mix of the Roman persecution of Christians set in a middle ages fantasy world. The characters were all wonderful, especially Jace and Kaden, and I couldn't wait for more so that I could spend more time with them. It took me a while to get my hands on book two, then when I did manage I happened to start it during NaNo, but in spite of that I devoured it as quickly as I could.

As I do with all sequels, I won't go into details. There are some things I will mention though.

First of all, the characters are still as wonderful as in book one. I loved every second I spent with Jace, and the few seconds I got from Kaden's view point. I also loved Kyrin and the chance to meet some new characters.

There were some new twists and lead ups. At least I hope they are lead ups. (For those who have read it and are wondering....to keep spoilers from those who haven't.....I'm curious how Kaden is going to take some of the hints if they become more then hints as I hope will happen.)

The Dragons. Because Dragons and I love them.

This book was sadder than book one. I didn't really cry in it, but there's a reason for this and I don't really want to get into that. (It has nothing to do with the book but personal things which have happened to me over the past year.) I am nervous about the next few books as Jaye has mentioned a death, and if she went so far as to mention it I fear for some of the main characters whom I love. (Jace, Kaden, Marcus, Liam, Michael, Ronny, Kyrin....I'm keeping a close eye on them, as well as Timothy and Aaron.)

Timothy and Aaron, wonderful new additions to this world and I hope to see more of them soon.

Overall opinion? I need book three. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment